/2023.01.13/

BLOG#1

LOG #1 📷

Welcome to my first blog post on EDCI337!

I chose to take EDCI 337 because I wanted to learn from this course about multimedia learning theory and the use of various forms of media in teaching and learning environments. Although I was not a participant in the Education Institute, but my experience in a similar course, EDCI338, made me aware of the appeal of interactive learning and made me better able to function in other learning areas using media spaces.

Multimedia is a field that I think is interesting, it can said to be integrated into all aspects of contemporary society, everyone interacts through cell phones every day to complete receiving feedback on a variety of information, for example, click a button, watch/pause a video and other media interaction will be able to be called interactive multimedia.

What I share next is about VR (Virtual Reality), a new practical technology developed in the 20th century. Virtual reality technology includes computer, electronic information, simulation technology in one, its basic implementation is a computer simulation of virtual environments to give people a sense of environmental immersion. With the continuous development of social productivity and science and technology, the demand for VR technology is growing in all walks of life, and VR technology has made great progress and is gradually becoming a new field of science and technology, as well as a good example of interactive.

Video by META on

Youtube: https://youtu.be/Uvufun6xer8

1. cyan677

Nice to meet you, and through your introduction, I learned a little more about the class and became more interested in it !
    VR is a great technology, I have played VR games and have seen some videos about it, what I remember is that people meet again with their loved ones who have passed away through VR, which makes me feel the significance of technology.

2. junzebian

Hi. I also studied EDCI338. Because of that class, I chose this course again. VR has entered our life, such as games, videos, movies and so on. VR is a trend, but there are still many places that need to be upgraded. At the same time, we must also pay attention to the disadvantages of VR. Human beings create products to help people improve efficiency and cannot be controlled by products. That’s scary.

3. Jacky Li

Hi Stella, nice to meet you here. I can see that you have known something about this field of multimedia, and I am looking forward to our group discussion when we can share some ideas about multimedia with each other.

The VR technology you mentioned is one of the leading technologies. In my opinion, VR has some benefits but also some disadvantages of its own. I have a lot of friends around me who like to use it to play VR games, but I don’t. It is harmful to eyes when using VR for a long time. However, I am glad that you share some of your opinions about VR here.

4. guanhuawang

Nice to meet you, and through your introduction,I know a little about this class. This is my first time to join the course. I’m looking forward to getting better from this course.